Fawcett is the UK’s leading charity campaigning for gender equality and women’s rights.
Today we are the UK’s largest independent membership organisation with a dedicated focus on advancing women’s equality and rights in modern Britain. We boast a large national member base as well as a formidable network of supporters and allies within academia, politics, the media and business.
- Every woman has a right to be treated with respect and dignity and be valued for who she is
- Today’s political, economic and social structures were designed principally by and for men; women should have the power to redress that state of affairs
- Change that improves women’s lives today also creates a legacy for future generations, freeing both women and men from the limitations of traditional gender roles and expectations
- The gender you are should not limit the life chances you have
- We use independent research and evidence to report on key issues to both increase awareness and campaign for practical solutions to the everyday challenges that women face. We give voice to their concerns, needs and interests at the very highest levels and across political doctrine.
We work closely with our supporters through online networks, local activities and more. This means individuals around the country can get involved and take our projects to local communities. Visit the main Fawcett website.